Saturday, November 12, 2016

A year on,

Can't believe it has been more than a year now, since I've left this space un-dusted. Its currently, November 2016 and the year is shortly coming to an end. It has been a spiralling year of high highs and down lows, but if I had to re-do the year again I wouldn't change a thing.

As a year of return to this page, I have alot to reflect on. This year has been a year of learning, self improvement and friendships. I've made some friends, re-made a few and definitely I've lost some I'd never thought I did. But there are some people that come into your lives for a higher purpose, to teach you a lesson or keep you safe during a perilous time. It is said, we may grow to love this person, but they're not ours to keep. We may think they're here to stay and save us, but instead, they teach us how to save ourselves.

In all honesty I'm thankful for all the friendships I've ever made, lost and remade again. This year, while getting matching tattoos together with Simaling and Beeps, I said "Now that we have matching tattoos this is forever, we cannot breakup with each other." and then she said "To be honest, having this tattoo doesn't mean not ever breaking up, but remembering the best times of our friendship." (Although our tattoo was a diamond heart, meaning our friendship is as strong as a diamond and is ever lasting) What Simaling said, made so much sense. Its not about regretting anything, but remembering the best of what it was.

I have to admit, I may not have been the greatest friend or the best person in the world but how lucky am I to have not just 1, but 3 bestfriends. Nobody is perfect and I'll always have to remember that, but its their flaws that make them special the way they are.

Thank you friends, for accepting and staying by me for the person I am and tolerating me for the times I've been extremely annoying, for the times I may have been the worst person in this world and for loving me all those times when I could not love myself.

I love you all so very much, the special people in my life. X

No comments: